Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The key to weight loss and good health


So after attempting many "diets" and trying many different diet supplements I think I've figured out the key to weight loss and good health.  We all plan to stick to a diet, we make resolutions, we spend thousands of dollars on programs like Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, etc but most people don't succeed.

I my self have tried Weight Watchers on more than one occasion, I've recently tried the 17-day diet, and most currently trying No Wheat.

I love to plan, I plan and organize as much of my life as humanly possible, I'm anal about getting set amount of things done that need to be done vs procrastinating.  So yes I do get irritated with myself if I don't get my "to-do" list done.

They key to weight loss and good health is to take each day as it comes, one day at a time.  Don't plan to lose 5 lbs a week because your work out dvd states it will help you do so.  You build up expectations that within 3 months you'll be to your perfect size.  But that's based on a plan of doing it every day for 3 months.  You don't know what happens day to day.  Stuff happens and we can't stress out over that.

You and I both know that stress only makes things worth.
If we just focus on the here and now and tackle each day at a time knowing our goals of losing weight and being healthier we are better to achieve then to continue gaining or plateauing.
I'm down a couple of pounds  just by eating healthy and making conscious decisions for the day at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment