Saturday, January 5, 2013

Lumber Shopping


Sorry I didn't post yesterday, way too busy of a day!  Successfully selling the extra furniture pieces in our home to be more minimalistic.  Found my mom a super cheaply priced high chair for their house at Goodwill.  Bought fabric at Hancock Fabrics for the porch.  Picked up some more computer fabric paper for a quilt I'm working on in memory of my late grandmother.

Though my biggest excitement yesterday was going to our local Menards and buying the lumber to make our benches for the diningroom.  I'm following Ana White's Build a Spa Bench tutorial.  Though we are making a 3 foot bench and a 6 foot bench.  For support for the 6 foot bench we are making two 3-foot benches and attaching them so we have support in the middle.  I'm so excited to be making these.

The next venture will be to make a round pedestal table if I can't find one reasonably priced.  The check out lady at Menards yesterday gave me an idea on how I could make my own.  So if I can't find one then I guess I'll make one.

Hoping I get these benches built before 12 noon today I have a few more projects I'd like to tackle.  I'll photograph my day to share with you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment