Friday, January 11, 2013

High Chair Before & After

So I did finish re-doing Noah's new to him high chair that was a thrift store find during the Christmas holiday season.  We paid $12.75 for it.  I took the cushions off, took the yucky fabric off, reupholstered, had my step dad sandblast the tray, then I sanded it, cleaned it with alcohol, and spray painted it all.  My little boy looked so big in it when we put him in it and oh how he loved it!
So here is what it looked like before:
DSCF5104 DSCF5203
Pretty neat-o huh?!
My livingroom/diningroom remodel is coming along.  I finished painting the walls and baseboards tonight and started the accent color.  I'm thinking because we went from dark and dark to light and light, I might make the beams, window frames, and built in book shelf look worn in some places to bring the darker out for some depth.
I checked the tracking on my chandelier and its finally in Minnesota so shouldn't be too long now.
Oh I also found some really cool corbels at Menards tonight to put in our beam's corners to add some class.
This is what our beam corners looked like prior to painting: Beam corner
Now we are adding these to the corners:
I also still need to paint the ceiling, because as you saw in the picture with our beams we have a hideous looking suspended ceiling.  I'm not sure who in their right mind would paint the grid brown, but I think they were crazy!  And no it didn't come that way, you can tell if you look close it was painted that color.
Well, my back is killing me and I really want to finish assembling the benches tomorrow and finish the accent color.  My almond flour came today so I want to find time to bake tomorrow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment