Monday, March 12, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to Maple Leaves under the Eves.  This blog is my personal journey on becoming a new mom and sharing my ups and downs, my creative ideas, and tidbits with whom ever finds me. 

I am very blessed for being able to take this journey as I miscarried 4-years-ago.  I was quite early in my pregnancy when I lost my last child and we didn't know the sex as the child was too young for that to be depicted.  So we named our lost child Peyton which is for a boy or a girl.  Peyton has become part of my every day vocabulary as I do own and operate my own apron design company and I named the children's aprons "Peyton" so I would have a constant reminder in my life of the very loved child we lost.

In roughly 9 weeks I'm expecting the birth of my son, who I'm so very eager to meet.  It has been absolutely amazing to hear his heart beat at 8 weeks and see how very small he was and then to see him again at 22 weeks where we found out he was a little boy.  I've never truly experienced what I have experienced in this pregnancy.  Its not easily explainable to a person who's never experienced carrying a child, its surreal, but truly a blessing, a miracle.  I'm getting quite used to him squirming around and kicking, sticking arms or legs in not the most comfortable places such as my groin or rib cage, but definitely worth it.

With this pregnancy I didn't want to get my hopes up considering we lost Peyton sometime before 16 weeks.  We didn't tell a lot of people until I was clearly beyond 12 weeks and even now some people still don't know as well they don't seem to have a place in our lives as they had in the past.  In January my mother and I decided it was probably safe to start shopping for the baby after I passed 20 weeks and we knew what sex we were shopping for.

I made blankets, burp cloths, wash cloths, towels, wall hangings, we recovered an antique baby buggy that is on loan, from my dad.  I made him a quilted dresser scarf, curtains, recovered a new lamp shade, and now am in the process of finding cute boys fabric for a sun hat and shoes.  There is so much information in our world on what a baby needs and how a baby should be cared for and then there is all that crap out there that is crap.  So I've been reading books, magazines, getting advice from my mother because I think she did a wonderful job with me.  You can read about what is the best diaper out there now and you can read on how you should parent your child.  I don't think I will need a book on how to parent my child.  If you can provide love, comfort, support, I think I'll do just fine.

I have so much to share of how I got here and where I'm going and ideas of projects to do with our little boy when he arrives, I'll be sharing it all.  My trials and errors of natural cleaning tips and tricks that are safe around kids and creative projects to make for your kids or with your kids.  What ever happened to hands on parenting?  Oh and by the way I will be a stay-at-home mom for the most part, working only occasionally when my husband can watch our little one.  We need to learn from the mothers of the past, not the present.

-Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment