Saturday, June 9, 2012

routine

My son will be 4 weeks tomorrow and I think we are finally moving into a routine!  Thought it definitely helps when my husband and I totally alternate nights to who has baby duty.  I'm pumping what I can get for breast milk and doing major supplementing with formula until my body can produce enough milk, so its easy for dad to take over for a night.  Last night I had a migraine and Excedrin didn't work so my husband took over and I didn't wake up until about 6:30 this morning, it was great to get a good nights rest.  Now I'm on baby duty while my husband catches up on sleep before he works an 8 hour shift.  Though my little boy is sleeping so that allows mom to catch up on household chores, thank goodness!

It is hard for me to pump and formula feed him when I am home by myself during the day.  Having help after a little one is born is definitely a Godsend.  So if you are to be a new mom, see if your husband/partner, friend, mom, sister, can help you out during the day.  As my husband said yesterday, boy does he tire one out.  Yes, yes he does, but he is definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment